The Elevation Church London is committed to respecting your privacy
The elevation church London is registered in the UK and its registered at Crown House,27 Old Gloucester Street, London. WC1N 3AX, United Kingdom. It is registered under company registration number 13136210
For the purpose of data protection law, we are a data controller of your personal data as set out in the Data Protection law. The Elevation church acknowledges our responsibility to use your, personal data in compliance with data protection law
This Privacy notice sets out the basis on which we will collect and process any Personal Data you provide to us , that we create or obtain about your from other sources and that of any third party whose Personal Data you supply to us.
We will regularly review the purposes for which we hold your Personal Data and will not hold it for longer than is necessary.
Information we may collect and process about you
When you register for any of our services or our websites we may require you to provide certain personal information including your name, address, email address and other contact details.
We will also collect and process other personal information you may provide via our website when you register for an event with us, interact with our online church, give to the church, request for prayer and counselling and sign up as a new member, volunteer or apply for a role.
We will collect personal data each time you interact with us or we contact you due to a request from you. Some of the cases are when you:
- Visit our website
- Register your details and other third party details on our websites or links provided on our website that takes you to other websites.
- Give via PayPal on our website
- Register for events
- Provide your details via the website or telephones numbers provided by the website to church staff, volunteers or third parties working on behalf of the church
- When you provide payment information for the purchase of good and services
- When you interact with online service comment session, communicate via email, email, telephone or other electronic and non-electronic means
We do not hold payment details provided through our websites. All payments are handled by payment service providers who encrypt information sent via our website
When you visit our website cookies are used to collection information about the use of the site. For more information about the cookies use see our cookies policy
We might occasionally require data classified under the Special Category of Personal Data. These are sensitive data like medical information and religious belief that assist us render certain services to you. When this becomes necessary we will always establish a compliant basis for processing your Data
How we use your information
Your personal data may be stored and process by us in the following ways:
- To manage and administer the church
- To provide services and goods based on a contract we have entered with
- To complete payments and other financial transactions like donations
- Manage our websites and social media accounts
- Manage our volunteers and HR function
- Administer our courses or events
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- To provide information and answer enquiries
- With your consent for marketing purposes
Who do we share your information with?
In order to provide our services we might need to share your information with:
- service providers and other third parties who process and store data on our behalf;
- third party payment gateways, where you make purchases via our online Shop.
- Where you provide us with charitable donations via the website, online or offline means (eg cheques).
- professional advisors;
- individuals who you nominate as referees to verify certain information;
- Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit and debit card payments and provide support services.
- in the event that we are acquired by a third party (in which case Personal Data about members will be one of the transferred assets);
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any contract with you; or to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our employees, customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
- We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- We may use or share your personal information where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction, to operate or improve our product and services
- We will always provide you with an option to opt out of any marketing activities
How long do we store your personal data for?
In any event, we will only store your personal data whilst you continue to use our services and for a period of six years thereafter
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure website database. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
From time to time, service providers, and organisations with whom we work with may be located outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal data as the UK. We will, however, always use every reasonable effort to ensure sufficient protections are in place to safeguard your Personal Data. We will also ensure that our service providers enter into compliant processing agreements with us to ensure that your Personal Data is processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
With your consent we will contact you via email for marketing purposes. We may also permit third parties to provide you information on good and services which might be of interest to you via email. You retain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to request access to a copy of your personal data and how we process it
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your data
- The right to ask that your personal data is deleted.
- The right to request for your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller.
- The right to object to our processing of your personal data
Make a complaint: You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, at ico.org.uk.